EXCLUSIVE ARCHITECTURE

EXCLUSIVE ARCHITECTURE

Eberhard & Co marks a return to its roots with the EB140 caliber – a manual winding movement (14”’- 28,800 A/h-18 rubies) with exclusive architecture and special technical and structural specifications. The aesthetic aspect also reveals meticulous care over details, particularly the bridge for the balance wheel and the large bridge for the gear trains, distinguished by the traditional finishing with a “circular wave” pattern. The screws are blued and the incisions are gilded.

EXCLUSIVE ARCHITECTUREThe new “1887” model was designed to express all the potential of this caliber. It is a watch with balanced lines, with a steel case measuring 41.80 mm in diameter that leaves ample space for a dial of extreme elegance, available in two versions with gold or rhodium-plated numbers and indices. The taste is a bit “retro”, thanks to the “clou de Paris” workmanship and the trapezoidal date window, which has already been adopted by Eberhard & Co. for some historical models.

The logo on the dial is part of the historical heritage and is documented in the archives of the early 1900s. The sapphire crystal case back certainly could not be missed: it proudly shows off the beauty of the EB140 caliber. Great detail has also been given to the choice of straps, among which, in addition to the traditional alligator models, a new creation will be presented. It is the result of collaboration with the prestigious ULTURALE tie-makers, one of the best-known ambassadors of this historic Neapolitan sartorial tradition. It is a Jacquard silk strap, in two different versions combined with the two dials, dedicated to the “dandy” of the new millennium and produced exclusively for Eberhard & Co.

Vincenzo Ulturale, founder of Ulturale: “We are proud of the opportunity we were given by Eberhard & Co. to share a project that pays tribute to a long-lasting excellence, achieved by means of exclusive materials, workmanship and creativity.”

In 1887, the time, when the Swiss Maison was founded by Georges-Lucien Eberhard, La Chaux-de-Fonds was already the town that most represented the heart of Swiss watchmaking in the world. The historic Baroque style building, built by the founder and known in the town as “La Maison de l’Aigle”, brought together the watchmaking studios and the family home under one roof.

Today Eberhard & Co. has returned to its roots by re-establishing its headquarters within the Maison de l’Aigle and has contributed to restoring the imposing eagle that defines it, dominating “Le Pod”, the main road through La Chaux-de-Fonds, from the roof of the building. To celebrate this turning point, Eberhard & Co. inaugurated its first museum, offering enthusiasts the chance to admire the horological creations that have marked over 130 years of industrial history.

EXCLUSIVE ARCHITECTURE

This is clearly a decisive step that the Maison has taken in the context of its long-term vision. Proof of this is the presentation of a new, exclusive caliber, the EB140, entirely produced for Eberhard in La Chaux-de-Fonds, and of the new model destined to house the movement inside: the Eberhard “1887”.

Each item of the new “1887” was designed and built to create a true bridge between the Maison’s past and future, while at the same time paying homage to all those who have made beautiful watchmaking their life’s passion.

EXCLUSIVE ARCHITECTURE